What you need to know. TEST 11/5
If you are at the accident scene, you can call Orange Force, our 24/7 accident response team, at 6789 5000 to render help anytime and anywhere on the island.
If you need Claims Assistance, you can call us at 6788 6616 (Monday – Friday : 8.30am - 6.30pm) for immediate assistance with motor claims.
Only a tow truck assigned by Income should be allowed to tow your car. You should not accept the assistance of other tow services.
XP Test 26Apr
Things to note in the event of an accident.
At the scene of the accident.
- If anyone is injured, call the ambulance and police immediately. You must also report the accident to the police if it involved any of the following:
a. Government vehicle or property
b. Foreign vehicle
c. Pedestrian or cyclist
d. Hit-and-run driver
f. Vehicle caught fire
- You must not shift your vehicle. Take photos of the damage on all vehicles involved.
- Exchange information and particulars with all drivers involved.
- Take down the particulars of all injured persons, if possible, and note the extent of injuries.
- Only a tow truck assigned by Income should be allowed to tow your car. You should not accept the assistance of other tow services.
- You can also choose to enter into a private settlement with the owner of the other car if there are no personal injuries and damages are minor.
Download the Private Settlement Claim Form here.
Making an accident report.
- Policyholders / drivers are required to report all motor accidents promptly by the end of the next working day to avoid a reduction of their No Claim Discount. This is regardless whether you are making any claim.
- If you suspect your vehicle has been stolen, you should lodge a police report promptly.
Tell us what you are making a claim for
Prepare the required documents
My vehicle was involved in an accident
- Please bring your driving licence, NRIC and police report (if applicable).
- For company-registered vehicles, please bring your company stamp.
- The vehicle has to be present at the reporting centre at the time of accident reporting.
Call 6788 6616 if your vehicle needs towing services. We will arrange for a tow truck to transport your vehicle.
My vehicle was stolen
If you suspect your vehicle has been stolen, you should lodge a police report promptly.
After lodging your police report, please submit the theft report to us at any Income branch by the next working day.
Theft claims will only be paid out after police investigations are completed, which may take up to three months.
Report the accident and get your vehicle repaired
We recommend taking your vehicle to our one-stop Motor Service Centre.
Alternatively, you can report the accident at one of our Accident Reporting Centres. If you were involved in a motor accident and do not wish to make a claim, you can report the accident online. You are required to submit the report by the end of the next working day.
Income approved workshops
You may take your vehicle to an Income approved workshop to get it repaired. They will also help you file your claim.
If you have a Drivo Premium Plan or Prestige Plan you may also take your vehicle to your own preferred workshop.
To check on the progress of your vehicle repairs, you can call your appointed Income approved workshop. There is a 12-month warranty for all repairs done.
You may view our full list of workshops that handle:
Your queries answered. 18/5
You should make a report for recording purposes. If no claim is submitted against you, your report will not affect your No Claim Discount or premium.
You should make a report at the nearest police station. If towing is required, you may call NTUC Income hotline at 6788 6616 for assistance. The towing benefit is capped to an amount shown in the policy contract. Once the vehicle reaches Singapore, it will be towed to the nearest reporting centre for you to file an accident report.
The accident report will provide us with the necessary information to handle all claims made against you for the accident. Otherwise, you may have to handle and settle any claims on your own.2
Print all queries